Why It’s Better to Buy Office Equipment Locally
The coronavirus pandemic has placed great pressure on local businesses, causing many to shut down temporarily — and sometimes permanently.
Thankfully, as the crisis continues more than half of consumers are taking the thoughtful step of buying necessary items and supplies from a local business rather than a big-box store or online retailer.
That is a good thing, since supporting the independent business community brings big benefits to our communities.
How Buying Local Can Make a Difference in Your Community
Buying the things you need locally can generate positive outcomes that extend far beyond the small business you are helping.
- Your local business uses local service providers like banks, farms, rental agencies and more to stay operational, so your support of one business touches many other organizations in your community.
- Small businesses are critical to the local job market, accounting for 65% of available jobs through the last seven years and employing 77 million people across the nation.
- Local businesses pour three times the money per sales dollar into the community over chain retailers.
- Spending $100 at a local business will keep $68 of those dollars circulating in the local community, helping other local businesses and boosting the health of the local economy.
There are many other ways that buying locally can benefit your community, but did you know that when it comes to office equipment, buying locally has significant benefits for you as well?
Why You Should Always Buy Office Equipment Locally
Purchasing office equipment typically represents a huge investment for most small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs).
When you make the decision to buy office equipment locally, you get much more for your money than new equipment. Buying local also gives you the following value-added perks:
- Your local office equipment provider handles every detail from purchase to delivery, installation, and even maintenance so you don’t have to coordinate with multiple vendors.
- Buying office equipment locally means you have a team of experts that can take an in-depth look at your specific business challenges and needs to custom craft the perfect fleet for your budget.
- You have access to a human being when you need them most — for advice, unexpected problems, maintenance, troubleshooting, and more.
- Office equipment technology and security changes rapidly. A local team that relies on repeat business from the community is invested in providing outstanding customer service to help your business stay current.
- You can develop a face-to-face, personal relationship with your office equipment vendor that can help you stay on the cutting-edge of product news, discounts, and beneficial financing options.
Most importantly, your local office equipment dealer is an important part of the health of the local economy.
He or she can help supply critical equipment and services to other businesses in the area, help local charities thrive through volunteerism and donations, and play an integral part in the overall health of your community.
Rely on James Imaging to Provide You with High-Quality Local Equipment and Service
At James Imaging, we live, work, and play locally. Through the hard work and diligent efforts of our employees, our company has been providing innovative, high quality local document imaging and printing services to the Wisconsin business community for over 40 years.
During that time, we have built a strong and loyal customer base that comes back to us year after year because we provide products they know they can rely upon, alongside unmatched customer service that continues long after initial purchase.
We are client-focused, hard-working, respectful, and dedicated to helping our clients achieve the results they desire on time and within their budgets, but we also have a big heart for our community.
We participate in a number of business-led groups that focus on creating jobs and economic growth in our local area such as the Waukesha County Business Alliance and the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce.
Then, we share our commitment to local health and happiness by supporting critical charities such as the United Way of Greater Milwaukee and Waukesha County, Hunger Task Force, Keep Swimming, Children’s Heart Foundation, and Blessings in a Backpack through donations and volunteerism.
Through these efforts, we strive to make our area a better place to live and work.
Join our family today and get the benefits of local experts by your side. Reach out to a professional at James Imaging Systems for more information on getting the right office equipment for your business needs.